These regulations come into force in February 2021.
The new standard requires :-
- One smoke alarm installed in the room most frequently used for general daytime living purposes
- One smoke alarm in every circulation space on each storey, such as hallways and landings
- One heat alarm installed in every kitchen
- All alarms should be ceiling mounted and interlinked
- Carbon monoxide detectors to be fitted where there is a carbon-fuelled appliance (such as boilers, fires (including open fires), heaters and stoves) or a flue
The following Scottish Government links provide additional guidance :-