In recent months we have seen an increase in the theft of quad bikes and ATV’s both from our rural communities but also, in some circumstances, from urban areas. It is essential to stay alert and ensure all security measures are taken to secure these vehicles at all times when not in use. General advice includes:
· Never leave vehicles insecure or with the keys within
· If vehicles and machinery can be stored in out building and garages please do
· Please lock and secure all doors for garages and outbuildings
· Consider ground anchors were suitable (quads) – www.soldsecure.com
· Consider property marking vehicles (Selecta DNA or Smart Water)
When considering securing quads a recommended Secure By Design product, The Suip Quad and ATV Protector, was showcased on the SPARC (Scottish Partnership Against Rural Crime) stand at the recent Royal Highland Show last weekend. To see more about the product please click on the link https://www.securedbydesign.com/about-us/news/the-suip-quad-atv-protector-is-a-much-needed-product-that-will-assist-the-police-service-tackle-rural-crime
If you see any vehicles or person/s acting suspiciously on your property please contact Police Scotland on 999 if you believe a crime is being committed at that time or 101 to pass on information. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.
You can also use the Contact Us section of the Police Scotland website www.scotland.police.uk/contact-us
Please feel free to share this information with anyone you think this Alert may be relevant to.
Anyone can sign up to receive Alerts – just scan this QR code and follow the simple steps.